Thursday, January 22, 2009

Business Twitter 101

Recently I was asked to give a presentation on how I use twitter in product management. When I first used twitter, I was a bit skeptical. But after I got a great recommendation for a feature rating tool (thanks to @idaapps), a local social media chapter (thanks to @brittanysims), and numerous bits of market research by following my tweeple, I'm a convert.

Here's the presentation. This short presentation includes an overview of how to get started, etiquette, and links to additional information.

Here's a quick cheat sheet from the last slide, since SlideShare doesn't seem to let you follow hyperlinks:
Best Practices When Starting to Tweet
The Twitteratzi
top 100
Mr. Tweet
Retweeting
ReTweeting Stats
Search Twitter
Twitter on Alltop
Twitter
Streamgraph

And in case your curious, here is also a great overview & 'how to' on corporate blogging by one of former collegues - Janet Johnson.


No comments:

Post a Comment